Saturday, February 9, 2013

Stir fried Tofu Wok with Sesame sauce

As most of my Blog readers have allready probably notised, i really like Asian food. Just because they are full of  great and delicious flavours and actually quite simple to make. This dish i made couple weeks ago, just from some stuff i had in the fridge. Turned out to be really delicious dish! This dish is completely vegan, if you use the vegan oyster sauce. You can also make this ofcourse without the oyster sauce. Here is a recipe how to make this dish:

You need:

  • 1 package of firm Tofu
  • Half Zuccini
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Leek
  • Carrot
  • Cabbage
  • About 3 Garlic cloves
  • Sesame seeds
  • Sesame oil
  • Soy sauce
  • Oyster sauce
  • Chili oiil
  • Sunflower oil
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Jasmin Rice
First put the rice on boiling. I have a Rice cooker, which is really handy, since you can just let the cooker cook the rice and you don't have to stir or watch after the rice. But if you don't have a cooker, just prepare the rice fist, since the rest of the dish comes ready really fast. 

Then chop the Tofu on cubes. I like little smaller cubes, but it's up to you what size you prefer. Prepare the rest of the vegetables. For this dish i chopped the cabbage and carrot as a thin slices. After you have chopped the veggies, heat up the pan. Pour some Sunflower, Sesame- & Chili oil on the pan. Add the Tofu and Garlic. Add some salt, pepper and soy sauce. Let it fry for like 5-10 minutes, depending how crispy you want the tofu to be. Add then all the vegetables. Add some oyster sauce, soy sauce and more sesame oil.  Mix well and stir fry about 5-7 minutes until veggies get more softer. In the end sprinkle some seseme seeds on top and serve with Jasmin rice. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Impressive blog!. I’m extremely inspired together with your writing abilities as smartly as with the layout for your blog. Anyway, my son wants to eat a Stir Fry Sauce for our dinner because of that I decide to surf in the internet and I saw your blog. Later, I will try this one and I'm sure my son will like this one. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Kaitlyn! I am clad that you like my blog :)

      Delete

Ask me anything!